Please join us on September 28, 2021 to hear from Sean Ponist and Cary McReynolds as they discuss “The Ins-and-Outs of Real Property Liens and Encumbrances.” The seminar examines common liens/encumbrances placed on real property, including lis pendens, prejudgment/attachment liens, judgment liens, execution liens, mechanics liens and stop payment notices, design professional liens, HOA liens, buyer liens, deeds of trust, options to purchase and other clouds on title. The CLE will examine, among other things, particular requirements to place such liens/encumbrances as well as steps necessary to remove them.Read More
Join us on September 9, 2020 to hear from Sean Ponist and other leading real estate professionals as they discuss “Real Estate Brokerage During These Extraordinary Times.” The presentation will look at new laws and current issues affecting real estate brokerage industry during these extraordinary times, including:
- Recent dual agency cases and issues—the conflicts, the ethics and the liability;
- Navigating broker duties—e.g., the duty to inspect and disclose vs. the obligation
to shelter-in-place, etc.;
- Agent advertising and promoting—when boasting becomes actionable;
- Standard of care for agents involved in distressed sales, e.g., short sales and foreclosures;
- New COVID-19 disclosures and other disclosures in real estate transactions.
This program is sponsored by the Real Property section of the San Francisco Bar Association and will be held on September 9, 2020 from 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm.
Join us on August 3, 2020 to hear from Sean Ponist and other leading civil litigators attorneys as they discuss the new age of taking and defending virtual depositions. The 1 hour CLE will cover the entire virtual deposition process, from the new (virtual) deposition notices and admonitions through tips to having your client make the best impression for the camera. This legal education seminar is sponsored by the San Diego County Bar Association.
- The nuts-and-bolts of taking a virtual deposition (including a discussion of remote realtime, videography and exhibit sharing);
- Taking the deposition as if you were in trial (as it may very well be used in lieu of live testimony at trial);
- Defending the deposition remotely (away from your client/witness and everyone else);
- Preparing your client/witness to make a great impression (including a discussion of the impact of stereotypes, biases, nonverbal language, etc.).
- PLG Attorney Sean Ponist to Present on “Successfully Medicating Real Estate Case” on September 28, 2023. September 20, 2023
- PLG Attorneys Sean Ponist and Cary McReynolds to Lecture on Rescission of Real Property Transactions on September 15, 2023 September 6, 2023
- The Ponist Law Group Obtains $8.85 Million Settlement for Clients August 17, 2023
- SDCBA Civil Litigation Section Hosts Summer Social June 16, 2023
- Sean Ponist Named to Both the San Diego Super Lawyers List and the Northern California Super Lawyers List for 2022 January 10, 2023
- Real Estate Standard of Care September 12, 2022
- Sean Ponist Named to the 2021 Northern California Super Lawyers List January 16, 2022
- Attorney Sean Ponist Named to the 2021 San Diego Super Lawyers List December 16, 2021